Systems Administrator – Hybrid
System Administrators manage complex applications like Microsoft Exchange, understand and manage disk technologies like RAID, NAS, and SAN, and work with domain controllers and active directory and VMWare. The role maintains high standards of professionalism, ethics and customer service and assists in providing high-level technical support regarding security technologies for securing the company network and data.
As the Systems Administrator you will manage complex applications like Microsoft Exchange and various disk technologies. Working with domain controllers, active directory, VMWare will be part of the job. Providing excellent customer service to internal business partners and being able to work in a collaborative environment is essential in this role. SFM believes that our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength, and we are committed to creating the best work environment
Our benefits include:
- Affordable Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA, FSA
- Flexible hybrid work environment
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company match
- Company contributions to help pay off student loans
- Monthly home internet allowance
- Free life insurance, STD & LTD
- Opportunities for annual gainshare bonus
- Pet insurance
- Generous PTO
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Annual company-wide volunteer day
- Discounts on gym memberships, fitness apps and weight loss programs
- Adoption financial assistance
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provides leadership in the administration and implementation of Microsoft Windows Servers including file, print, Terminal Services, Active Directory, DNS, etc.
- Administers and implements Microsoft Windows Exchange server and other mail services.
- Administers and implements VMWare virtual machines along with VMWare clustering.
- Assists with the installation and administration of various Windows software, including RightFax, Adlib (PDF Generator), Freedom Financials, and Remote Desktop Services (RDP).
- Assists in assessing network and data security threats, recommends mitigations to security risks.
- Assists in the administration of Print Services on Windows Server and Linux.
- Assists in the administration and implementation of storage technologies, including NetApp/ SnapShot technology.
- Assists in the administration of the CommVault backup solution by maintaining a regular systems backup schedule and coordinating offsite storage of backup media.
- Assists in the administration of patch management of workstations and servers using KACE, WSUS, or similar Windows Server system management tools when necessary.
- Preserves the safety and integrity of all information systems and data while minimizing downtime for critical systems, including maintaining the disaster recovery equipment and documentation.
- Performs off-hours systems patching and upgrades when necessary.
- Maximizes the performance of information and communication systems by monitoring performance, optimizing usage, and tuning hardware and software parameters.
- May assist with administration of VoIP telecommunications software and hardware.
- Follows company best practices and departmental and team customer service for problem resolution and tracking. Communicates status to customers in a timely manner.
- Collaborates and provides education and to and/or with various members of the IS team and other business units within the organization. Maintains appropriate interactions with both internal and external customers.
We're Looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or similar field, OR associate degree in IT related field, with two years' experience in Windows systems administration.
- Current certification as a Microsoft Certified Professional, preferred.
- Experience working with virtual machines.
- Experience working with Office 365
- Experience working with Unix/Linux operating systems, preferred.
- Telecommunications experience, a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange.
- Working knowledge of NAS platforms.
- Ability to provide solid levels of system up-time by proactively maintaining systems and security protocols.
- Ability to follow directions, understand and adhere to team procedures and company best practices.
- Passion for excellence in customer service and furthering one's own knowledge.
- Displays integrity, respect, and confidentiality.
- Highly organized and accurate with strong attention to detail.
- Strong documentation abilities with a focus on detail.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of general business concepts.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Work takes place in a semi paperless environment within an office setting or home office setting, using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, which requires being stationary for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and work with close vision. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Work is performed indoors with little to no exposure to extreme outdoor weather conditions. Regular attendance is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Since 1983, our mission has been to be the workers' compensation partner of choice for agents, employers and their workers. In that time, we've expanded to well over 25,000 customers in the Midwest and grown our offerings to include vocational rehabilitation, loss prevention, medical services and more. Though much has changed through the years, our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, safety, and providing better outcomes for employers and injured workers.
SFM is unique in that we are small enough that your voice is heard but has all the benefits and perks of a larger employer. We value your opinion, help you reach your goals, and make it easy for you to maintain work-life balance. SFM is committed to creating the best work environment and believes that our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. SFM emphasizes work life balance, and our benefit package is designed to assist you navigate your work-life journey.
Join us!! Click Apply Now
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. SFM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers. SFM is a participant of E-Verify. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is SFM's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once SFM determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Bloomington, MN office.