Senior Regulatory & Statistical Reporting Analyst
Regulatory and Statistical Reporting Analyst
Insurance Product Development
Flexible Scheduling Opportunities
Hybrid or Remote Work
Prote cting our policyholders' dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking two experienced Regulatory and Statistical Reporting Analysts to join our team. The positions will fill a critical role in the statistical reporting life cycle, acting as a bridge between the product strategy and the delivery of statistical reports to bureau/vendor service. The Regulatory and Statistical Reporting Analyst is also responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
About the Role
- Researches, formulates, and communicates simple-to-moderate data for statistical and regulatory reporting solutions.
- Assists with data call requirements/filing forms for regulatory agencies and/or state insurance departments. Ensures required data is reported to reporting bureau accurately and timely and recommends corrective action when required.
- Oversees statistical reporting to bureaus such as National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI), Wisconsin Compensation Rating Bureau (WCRB), and Insurance Services Office (ISO) to ensure compliance.
- Serves as super-user of statistical and regulatory agencies/vendor products to assist with compliance reporting. Works with vendors that provide services for regulatory reporting.
- Stays current with statistical manuals, bureau filing requirements, statistical plans, data requirements, and regulatory reporting items (i.e. advanced knowledge IAIABC).
- Proactively monitors regulatory reporting processes for upcoming change impacts.
- Assesses, communicates, and collaborates with Business and IT regarding regulatory change impacts/product impacts on business & regulatory reporting transactions.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends data and reporting initiatives that support corporate strategic plans, goals, and objectives related to regulatory reporting.
- Assists with investigating and using pre-editing programs to identify and resolve errors prior to submission to regulatory reporting bureaus.
- Builds, maintains, and distributes compliance reports for management review.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to IT for system programming to develop/map reporting fields or when programming impacts statistical reporting.
- Manages data reporting for statutory and regulatory data requests. Communicates with internal departments regarding data issues with input errors or incorrect interpretations of policy coverage, data, and regulatory reporting solutions. Identifies and recommends changes to automated systems to comply with reporting requirements.
- Develops, writes, and participates in testing scenarios based on analysis to business process or product changes. Participates in investigations and resolution of fines or inquiries from regulatory reporting bureaus.
- Assists in the design and development of new reporting processes and trains staff to maintain processing once implemented.
About Yo u
- You enjoy using logic and analysis to solve problems.
- You are curious and enjoy seeking additional information - always asking the "why".
- You enjoy brainstorming and can deal with concepts and complexity.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy taking a lead role in improving products and services.
- You are quality-focused and seeks ways to implement best practices.
- You are organized and can manage multiple responsibilities.
What it Will Take
- Associate's degree in business or related field. Equivalent industry experience may be considered.
- 3+ years of Property and Casualty insurance industry experience.
- Knowledge of commercial P&C insurance products and insurance department requirements and processes.
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience with statistical plans, edit definitions, and submission processes highly desirable.
- Prior experience with ISO, NCCI, and independent state bureaus and analysis of circulars, regulations, and statutes highly desirable.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package : Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- R etirement : Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- W ork-Life Balance : Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- E ducation : Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- C ommunity : Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- W ellness : Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society's substance abuse policy.