Senior Human Resources Generalist
JOB SUMMARY: Under the overall direction of the Senior Director, will lead significant, technology focused process/efficiency improvements in all areas of HR operations resulting in implementation of streamlined processes and procedures with appropriate technology solutions. Provides day-to-day operational responsibilities in HR areas including recruiting, employee relations, performance management, training/development, policies, and compensation. Assists in the budgeting process and in developing and carrying out departmental goals and systems. We are currently working remotely but plan to move to a hybrid work schedule in December. We are also planning to open a satellite office in Chicago in first quarter of 2022.
HR Process Automation and Improvement
- Reviews and evaluates current HR ADP technology systems and modules
- Recommends improvements to ADP technology and processes
- Sources additional technology programs to address needs
- Reviews work processes for efficiency and automation
- Leads restructuring of department work processes related to improved workflows and technology
- Implements technology and automation to create efficiencies
- Provides/sources training to staff on new processes and technology
- Manages and executes all recruiting activities, including job scoping, writing job descriptions and postings, screening resumes, conferring with and advising managers on selection decisions, checking references and extending job offers.
- Reviews and recommends improvements to recruiting processes via automation or other means necessary.
- Implements practices to increase diversity, including developing relationships with recruiting sources that focus on underrepresented talent.
- Contracts with external recruiters, agencies and search firms. Maintains all contracts for permanent and temporary agencies
- Conducts 30-day follow-up meetings with new employees. Initiates 90 day check-in with supervisors.
- Provides reports/data quarterly (new hires, terminations, turnover) to Sr. Director
- Provides guidance, counseling/coaching to supervisors and employees.
- Works with supervisors to develop written documentation relating to warnings and Performance Improvement Plans. Consults with Sr. Director and legal counsel on problematic issues.
Training & Development
- Works with Senior Director to design, source, and deliver a strong curriculum of training needs and programs for supervisors and manages on topics relevant to their work. Identifies external training that may be offered to staff; may design and deliver internal training programs, i.e. policies, performance management.
- Research training solutions and implements programs for staff, i.e. annual Anti-Harassment training.
- Researches, develops and recommends new policies as necessary.
- Advises managers and employees on policy interpretation.
- Revises and updates current policies; ensures new and/or revised policies are communicated across the organization.
- Works with Legal on International employee contracts/hiring.
- Research performance management solutions and systems and recommends programs.
- Educates supervisors and employees on the performance management process and timeline.
- Reviews data on completed performance appraisals and works with managers to ensure clarity, consistency, and value of ratings across the organization.
- Works with managers to assist them with evaluations of their positions for compensation levels and for changes in compensation. Performs job analysis. Evaluates and grades positions, working with Sr. Director. Provides transparent information and guidance to managers about all aspects of this process.
- Complete appropriate salary surveys that may be of value to the SOA.
- Oversees periodic market pricing from external vendors to ensure SOA salary levels remain competitive with the market and consistent with the SOA's compensation philosophy.
- Guides and advises managers in the process of writing, updating, and maintaining current and applicable job descriptions for their positions. Initiates and oversees periodic job description review and revisions with supervisors.
- Participates in special projects/assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field or the equivalent amount of training, education and experience may be considered.
- Five to seven years of professional experience in Human Resources working in a generalist or manager capacity; experience supervising staff a plus.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Human Resources designation (PHR or SPHR) is strongly preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge in key HRIS systems, including in-depth knowledge of and experience with ADP system and modules.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including strong proficiency with Excel.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Sense of urgency, timeliness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES including competencies that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws and regulations
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.