Registration & Data Specialist
The Registration and Data Specialist is responsible for maintaining the database and overall registration efforts for PD events. Works cross functionally with SOA staff to ensure that events are accurately set-up, maintained and executed in the database.
This is a highly visible position that interacts with SOA staff, members and volunteers. The position requires self-motivated individual who possesses excellent project management, communication, and customer service skills. The position requires some travel to meetings/events and professional development training.
- Responsible for creating meeting, seminar, and webcast products in the database.
- Ensure accuracy and readiness of products prior to activating on-line registration.
- Responsible for registration data efforts within virtual event platforms.
- Responsible for creating badge templates
- Coordinate major meeting registration efforts with vendor and ITS.
- Analyze and resolve product and event registration issues with the Customer Service Department
- Provides recommendations for database enhancements to improve the customer experience.
- Review and reconcile registration rate codes
- Oversee on-site registration when deemed necessary.
- Maintain registration reports, tracking historical data.
- Create and/or provide additional reports as requested.
- Contribute and participate in team meetings.
- Develop and maintain SOPs for routine tasks.
- Responsible for updating the CPD Tracker for PD related products
- Participate in database upgrades and training sessions to maintain skill level.
- Willingness to learn technical skills to support PD database.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Associates Degree or equivalent course work.
- Minimum of three years of experience with office practices, preferably in a meeting or educational course registration environment. Experience with meeting registration and/or association management database is required.
- Must be able to multi-task, take direction from others, perform as a team member and demonstrate a high level of initiative in managing the registration process.
- Strong editorial skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Requires intermediate knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office software and Personify.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES including competencies that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Adapt quickly to a constantly changing environment
- Provide excellent service and teamwork with staff, members and volunteer leaders whose objectives and knowledge base may vary.
- Communicate effectively with staff and volunteers
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of policy and ability to apply that to unique situations
- Ability to make objective decisions using sound judgment
- Work effectively independently and as a member of a team.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.