The Multimedia Specialist, reporting to the Director of Creative Services, is responsible for conceptualizing and producing highly effective and impactful interactive multimedia collateral to increase awareness, engagement and conversion of key target audiences critical to the success of the assigned initiatives and programs. The Multimedia Specialist will work in cross-functional teams and be hands-on in executing projects and tactics on a wide variety of Society of Actuaries (SOA) programs, products, and services.
- Apply visual design best practice principles to the design and development of static and interactive digital collateral to meet marketing goals
- Work with internal partners to conceptualize, storyboard, produce and edit visually engaging content
- Responsible for producing and editing video content for a wide variety of media, including social, website, email and digital advertising
- Editing audio and visual content to produce high impact and quality video
- Developing digital assets including animations and special effects
- Create supporting assets for email and landing page templates in collaboration with the digital marketing and/or web teams
- Ensure that all creative projects adhere to the organization's brand standards
- Manage time effectively across multiple projects and adhering to production schedules in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Multimedia Designer or a similar position
- A portfolio of design content from past work experiences
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects) and additional video editing tools (Macromedia Director and Flash)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES including competencies that may be representative, but not all inclusive, of those commonly associated with this position.
- A creative individual with the ability to think out of the box
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Ability to serve, function and contribute effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and multi-talented team
- Possess graphic design, typography, video, and multimedia development skills with knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Must be familiar with current digital best practices in UX/UI
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, openness to incorporating feedback into work; pride in work outputs and commitment to the strategic goals of the organization
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 5%
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
It is the policy of the SOA to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, pregnancy status, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, physical or mental disability (including persons infected with HIV or persons with AIDS), military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local law.