IT Business Systems Analyst (FT)
Join us and experience an environment where you'll enjoy great work/life balance and the satisfaction of helping others! SFM offers a robust benefit package which enables you to navigate your work-life journey successfully. As the IT Business Systems Analyst you will be responsible for gathering business requirements, conducting needs assessments, and developing functional specifications to ensure information technology solutions support business objectives. You will execute requirements gathering process that is thorough, captures all end user requirements, and provides all information to development teams. You will also work closely with the various leaders and teams within SFM to provide process efficiencies throughout all areas of the business.
Hybrid Position --- must live in Minnesota!
Our benefits include:
- Affordable Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA, FSA
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company match
- Company contributions to help pay off student loans
- Monthly home internet allowance
- Free life insurance, STD & LTD
- Opportunities for annual gainshare bonus
- Pet insurance
- Generous PTO
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Annual company-wide volunteer day
- Adoption financial assistance
As the IT Business Systems Analyst you will be responsible for gathering business requirements, conducting needs assessments, and developing functional specifications to ensure information technology solutions support business objectives. You will execute requirements gathering process that is thorough, captures all end user requirements, and provides all information to development teams. You will also work closely with the various leaders and teams within SFM to provide process efficiencies throughout all areas of the business and coordinate with developers, quality assurance testers, and users to test processes and ensure functionality and user acceptance.
What You'll Do:
Primary responsibilities and functions are listed below. At SFM, we work together as a team; therefore, additional responsibilities may be assigned at any time.
- Gathers business requirements, conducts need assessments, and develops functional specifications for the development team.
- Document and create work item tickets with business requirements for approval by Software Development Leader.
- Identifies and supports process improvement opportunities.
- Works closely with Software Developers to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Utilizes database tools for testing, troubleshooting and providing data to business units on an ad hoc basis.
- Works closely with business users and managers to understand, refine and prioritize business goals and information needs.
- Maintains and adheres to data management practices including data dictionary, data security, and data governance.
- Creates processes and data flow diagrams to represent flow of data through system and the inputs and outputs of entities.
- Stays current on BA industry trends and recommends areas for improvement at SFM.
- Maintains appropriate interactions with both internal and external customers.
What We'll Love About You:
Education and Experience
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information systems, Project Management, or related field preferred
- Two years' experience in business systems analysis, including software enhancements and business process improvements required.
- Experience with problem management, change control, and how to influence change without direct control within a decentralized business unit culture.
- Experience working in Workers' Compensation industry preferred.
- Experience leading people or leading projects
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Familiarity of relational database concepts with practical understanding of SQL
- Ability to apply confidentiality when appropriate.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and work with minimal direction.
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, and the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to provide solid levels of system up-time by proactively maintaining systems and security protocols.
- Ability to follow directions, understand and adhere to team procedures and company best practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on documenting abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with a variety of users.
- Displays integrity, respect, and confidentiality.
- Highly organized and accurate with strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently with minimal direction along with ability to work within a team setting.
- Good prioritization skills and able to achieve goals in a deadline driven environment to in a dynamic environment
Join SFM, where your voice matters and your potential thrives in a supportive and dynamic work environment. As a company that values your opinions and empowers you to achieve your goals, SFM offers the best of both worlds - the camaraderie and influence of a small team, combined with the advantages and perks of a larger organization. We prioritize work-life balance and are dedicated to creating an exceptional workplace where motivated employees like you are our greatest asset. Explore our comprehensive benefits package tailored to support your work-life journey with ease.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Regular attendance is required. Work takes place in a semi paperless environment within an office setting, either on business premises or remote location, using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers, which requires being stationary for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and work with close vision. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Work is performed indoors with little to no exposure to extreme outdoor weather condition.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers.