Insurance Support Representative IV – Hybrid
As the Insurance Representative IV, you will provide superior customer support to external and internal customers and help SFM maintain the highest standards in workers' compensation coverage.
Our benefits include:
- Affordable Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA, FSA
- Flexible hybrid work environment
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company match
- Company contributions to help pay off student loans
- Monthly home internet allowance
- Free life insurance, STD & LTD
- Opportunities for annual gainshare bonus
- Pet insurance
- Generous PTO
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Annual company-wide volunteer day
- Discounts on gym memberships, fitness apps and weight loss programs
- Adoption financial assistance
What you will do:
- Provides exceptional and timely service for SFM team members. Works with the Technical Specialist and Director of Insurance Operations to identify areas where additional training or process changes are required to solve repeated issues.
- Participates in multi-functional projects within SFM. Communicates status of project work to the Insurance Operations team and other business partners within the organization.
- Serves as a team expert in providing guidance to team members to improve team performance and make effective decisions.
- Ability to identify problems, brainstorm, troubleshoot and analyze answers, and implement the best solutions.
- Leads by example, showing professionalism to external and internal stakeholders, and resolving conflicts as they arise.
- Processes applications for insurance, applying advanced business knowledge from internal and external databases.
- Preparing, scanning, and entering provider bills received daily.
- Monitors and responds to inquiries received from customers using the external website.
- Coordinates the sending, receiving, and scanning of company mail.
- Processes incoming premium payments into our online banking system.
- Receives and analyzes returned checks. Communicates with the appropriate parties to void payments and reissue medical or indemnity payments if necessary.
- Teamwork is a must; therefore, additional responsibilities may be assigned at any time, including covering for other team members when they are absent.
What We'll Love About You
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four or more years of customer service experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of process associated with workers' compensation claims preferred.
- Strong data entry skills with an emphasis on grammar and punctuation.
- Proven ability to lead and manage projects.
- Captures, analyzes, and assimilates oral and written information to make appropriate determinations.
- Proficient in MS Office software applications (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Scanning skills associated with a paperless environment.
- Strong detail-orientation skills with the ability to verify and cross check data.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrates positive teaming skills and leadership capabilities.
Work takes place in a hybrid semi paperless environment within an office setting, using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, which requires being stationary for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, and maintain concentration and focus. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and work with close vision. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Work is performed indoors with little to no exposure to extreme outdoor weather conditions. Regular attendance is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SFM is unique in that we are small enough that your voice is heard but has all the benefits and perks of a larger employer. We value your opinion, help you reach your goals, and make it easy for you to maintain work-life balance. SFM is committed to creating the best work environment and believes that our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. SFM emphasizes work life balance, and our benefit package is designed to assist you navigate your work-life journey.
Since 1983, our mission has been to be the workers' compensation partner of choice for agents, employers and their workers. In that time, we've expanded to a little over 20,000 customers in the Midwest and grown our offerings to include vocational rehabilitation, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services and more. Though much has changed through the years, our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, safety, and providing better outcomes for employers and injured workers.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers. SFM is a participant of E-Verify