Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Coordinator
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator is charged with supporting the implementation of the strategic diversity and inclusion programs and services set forth by the SOA. The DEI programs support our members and candidates. The individual in this role will work closely and support with the SOA Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee (DEIC) and Joint Committee on Inclusion, Equity and Diversity (JCIED).
Duties would include, but are not limited to:
- Under the supervision of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) lead, support the implementation of strategies and tactics in support of the SOA's diversity, equity and inclusion programs and services.
- Perform the processing of expenses related to the SOA's and the JCIED's budget.
- Organizing and staffing conference calls, writing minutes/meeting summaries, producing agendas for discussion, recruiting presenters and speakers, and sharing next steps and decisions with all committee members.
- Supporting the SOA and JCIED and its appropriate working groups, volunteers, and communications staff to develop a calendar of events for which DEI programming may be appropriate; including in-person meetings, conference and exhibit staffing and other opportunities.
- Assist in the logistics of the SOA's DEIC and JCIED meetings.
- Compile data for reports that will be used to monitor DEI performance metrics.
- Work with appropriate internal stakeholders to ensure the Diversity and Inclusion page of the SOA website is current and updated regularly.
- Work with the DEI lead on developing major meeting session proposals, securing panelists and day-of-the-event logistics.
Membership / Volunteer Support
- Support the SOA's volunteer DEI training programs.
- Coordinate with volunteers as needed.
- Coordinate effectively with other SOA areas to achieve optimal support and promotion for member and stakeholder engagement activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in supporting programs, experience supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational and project management experience that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, adapting communication styles as needed for the various audiences
- Ability to digest complex information quickly and to develop clear communications on that information to various audiences
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with SOA staff and build rapport with members, candidates and volunteers
- Exhibit strong initiative and ability and willingness to understand and support strategic and operational initiatives of the SOA
- Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking and make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.